CRUMB RUBBER MODIFIED BITUMEN
Want to Know about Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen?
A bituminous binder is the most common material which is used in road construction. Since the population is very high in India. The use of vehicles has also increased to a great extent leading to heavy pressure on the roads making them less sustainable. For such a huge population and developing India, the process of road building also needs to change.
Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen (CRMB) is made by the amalgamation of crumb rubber modifier and the chosen bitumen grade. The modifier works as an agent that strengthens the binder from the occurrence of any deformation when trying to maintain during low temperature, fatigue or thermal issues. CRMB is beneficial as it increases the life of a road by 1.5 to 2 times as to using a normal bitumen modifier. Our CRMB provides some unique properties different from bitumen binders like the strong adhesion reduces cracking, deformation, etc. It increases the stability of the material, homogeneity throughout the supply chain.
Types of CRMB
CRMB 50, 55 and 60
There are 3 types of Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen. CRMB 50 is best for suitable for cold regions. CRMB 55 should be used in moderate temperatures while CRMB 60 works best in hot regions with high temperatures.
- The resistance to fatigue is high.
- It is very cost effective.
- Strong resistance to thermal and changing temperature cracking.
- It gives a good experience in extreme climates.
- Aging process slows down by mixing rubber with bitumen leading to increased lifespan.
- It gives protection from water damage due to hard grade of asphalt formed.